Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, May 28, 2020

QT 28 May 2020, 1 Tim 6:6-8, The secret to life


1 Timothy 6:6–8 (ESV) — 6 But godliness with contentment is great gain, 7 for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world. 8 But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content.

NOTE: I think the secret to a successful life is found in these words. First, as mentioned before, godliness -- becoming like Christ is attained through the disciplines of a disciple (word, prayer, fellowship, witnessing, and application focused on Jesus). The second key is to enjoy contentment. Enjoy what God has given. Don't wish or fret for what you do not have. Pursue God first. Make him your focus. The other things will take care of themselves.

PRAYER: Father, I pray that we might truly live these words of Paul. I pray we would stop fooling ourselves with our pretended obedience. I pray we would experience the real life of knowing you. O, taste and see that the Lord is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment