Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, April 18, 2022

QT 4/18/2022 Matt 24:24-30, Blind and dying

Matthew 25:24–30 (ESV) — 24 He also who had received the one talent came forward, saying, ‘Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you scattered no seed, 25 so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here, you have what is yours.’ 26 But his master answered him, ‘You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered no seed? 27 Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest. 28 So take the talent from him and give it to him who has the ten talents. 29 For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 30 And cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

 

NOTE: The weeping and gnashing of teeth is a clear reference to Hell. This servant's lack of interest in doing something with what was given to him indicates his true spiritual condition. He is the classic religious person who attends church, serves in a simple function, says a short prayer once in a while, but never opens his bible. He is religious. He is not a Christian, and he will spend eternity in Hell until he makes his Master his true Lord. He lives for himself and only puts on a show for others. He is a fool. He is a member of the Laodicean church--wretched, spiritually poor, blind, pitiful, and naked--all characteristics of people who are not saved, but think they are and think they need nothing.

 

Revelation 3:17–18 (ESV) — 17 For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked. 18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, so that you may be rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself and the shame of your nakedness may not be seen, and salve to anoint your eyes, so that you may see.

 

PONDER:

  1. How many in our church do not really know our savior?
  2. How many are going to hell in a pew?

 

PRAYER: Father, help us to live so differently that people cannot help but notice that we are different because of Jesus Christ. We don't want to be religious people, we want to be disciples!

No comments:

Post a Comment