Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, April 29, 2022

QT 4/29/2022 Matt 26:26-29, Maranatha

Matthew 26:26–29 (ESV) — 26 Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and after blessing it broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; this is my body.” 27 And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink of it, all of you, 28 for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. 29 I tell you I will not drink again of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom.”

 

NOTE: Jesus applies a new understanding to the Passover meal. This was clearly the Passover. In the third part of the meal, the middle matzoh which was hidden (buried) in the first part of the meal and already broken (dead), is brought forth (risen), and divided among the disciples. This is our communion meal, and like the Passover is a reminder, but of Jesus' body broken for our sins. The Passover reminds the Israelites that God passed over their firstborn. In the communion, God provides his firstborn for our sins. The third cup (the cups separate the four parts or sections of the Passover) is the communion cup and reminds us of his blood that was shed to remove our sins and wash away our guilt. Jesus says that he will not celebrate the Passover/Communion meal again, until the day when he drinks it in the new kingdom. I wonder if that is the wedding feast which occurs after the tribulation period and Jesus' return to Earth to establish the 1000 year physical rule of the millennial kingdom. That day is approaching and I am so excited about life renewed as God always intended it to be.

 

PONDER:

  1. Do I yearn for the God's kingdom, or do I try to create my kingdom on earth?

 

PRAYER: Father, I do forward to that day when the pains of this life pass away and life is completely fulfilling and meaningful. Come Lord Jesus, come. Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment