Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, April 4, 2022

QT 4/4/2022 Matt 24:31, Preparing for the kingdom

Matthew 24:31 (ESV) — 31 And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

 

NOTE: At the end of the tribulation period, God will gather together two groups of believers (elect) to participate in the marriage supper of the lamb. The marriage supper is for Christ and the church (Jews and Gentiles who believed during the church age which ended with the rapture). The two groups invited are Old Testament saints (believers in God before the church), and Tribulation saints (believers in God who came to faith after the rapture and during the tribulation period). There will be some still alive at the end of the tribulation on earth, but most tribulations saints will have died (note: all the OT saints will be in heaven). These three groups: OT saints, Church age saints, and tribulation saints will gather and be together as one. They will celebrate the marriage of the Church to the Son, and they will begin the establishment of the millennial rule of Christ on earth. It will be an interesting time. The bible talks of rewards for faithful service (not for salvation) and the reestablishment of life on earth will be the place where our service will have consequence. I don't know what my role will be, but I know I must live in a manner worthy of the king. I will leave it up to him how I serve.

 

PONDER:

  1. I we preparing ourselves for service in the future kingdom by doing his work now?

 

PRAYER: Father, help me to live in such a way as to bring glory to your name. I must do what is right, no matter what others think. I must obey cheerfully. I will trust that there is nothing I have given up that will not be multiplied 100 times in the age to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment