Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, November 7, 2022

QT 11/7/2022 1 Sam 10:5-9, Leading God's way, in prayer

1 Samuel 10:5–9 (ESV) —

5 After that you shall come to Gibeath-elohim, where there is a garrison of the Philistines. And there, as soon as you come to the city, you will meet a group of prophets coming down from the high place with harp, tambourine, flute, and lyre before them, prophesying. 6 Then the Spirit of the Lord will rush upon you, and you will prophesy with them and be turned into another man. 7 Now when these signs meet you, do what your hand finds to do, for God is with you. 8 Then go down before me to Gilgal. And behold, I am coming down to you to offer burnt offerings and to sacrifice peace offerings. Seven days you shall wait, until I come to you and show you what you shall do.”

9 When he turned his back to leave Samuel, God gave him another heart. And all these signs came to pass that day.

 

NOTE: The passage says that God gave him another heart. That is what happens in the new covenant when the Holy Spirit comes into an individual upon believing in Jesus -- the Spirit changes us. But in the old covenant, the Spirit came and went. And in Saul's case, it did not dwell with him very often. Why did God choose Saul? Was it an object lesson for Israel? Was it to contrast him to David? When David shows up, he is a young man, too small to wear Saul's armor. But David was a man of faith. His faith made him strong. Saul's strength was in himself, his stature, his wealth, and his worldliness. One represents the world's way of leading and the other represents God's way of leading.

 

PONDER:

  1. What is my leadership based upon? Do I figure out my problems or do I start with prayer, then proceed with planning?

 

PRAYER: Father, as I plan this activity coming up, I ask for wisdom from you to lead in such a way, that you are glorified. I pray it would be obvious to all involved. Lead me and guide me through these next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment