Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, July 26, 2023

QT 7/26/2023 Ezek 21:6-7, Our national struggle with sin

Ezekiel 21:6–7 (ESV) —

6 “As for you, son of man, groan; with breaking heart and bitter grief, groan before their eyes. 7 And when they say to you, ‘Why do you groan?’ you shall say, ‘Because of the news that it is coming. Every heart will melt, and all hands will be feeble; every spirit will faint, and all knees will be weak as water. Behold, it is coming, and it will be fulfilled,’ ” declares the Lord God.

 

NOTE: My heart feels Ezekiel's pain. I feel the same pain for my nation who continues to flaunt God's commands, who are prideful in the rebellion. We are so wrong and so blinded and so needy. We are killing each other in our streets, and in our bathrooms (abortion pills). We have more mentally unhealthy, more addicted to drugs, and more suicides than at any time in our history. We don't understand gender or sex or how to build a family. We think masculine roles and nuclear families are toxic -- why? Why are we so bent on our own destruction? Judgment is coming.

 

PONDER:

  1. What are we doing to warn others?

 

PRAYER: Father, forgive us for our sin. Open our eyes to truth. Help us to see our need. I pray for believers in Jesus that we would be the light of the gospel to a need nation and world. Have mercy on us I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment