Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, July 28, 2023

QT 7/28/2023 Ezek 22:13-16, The dangers of unresolved sin

Ezekiel 22:13–16 (ESV) —

13 “Behold, I strike my hand at the dishonest gain that you have made, and at the blood that has been in your midst. 14 Can your courage endure, or can your hands be strong, in the days that I shall deal with you? I the Lord have spoken, and I will do it. 15 I will scatter you among the nations and disperse you through the countries, and I will consume your uncleanness out of you. 16 And you shall be profaned by your own doing in the sight of the nations, and you shall know that I am the Lord.”

 

NOTE: God begins to reconcile a long list of crimes that Israel is guilty of committed. The list is amazing and sad. Most of it centers around power, greed, and sexual desires -- the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life. While the sins listed are directly attached to the law, most are non-law and applicable to the new covenant as well. And so, as believers, we too are guilty. We all struggle with the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life (1 John 2:15-16). The difference is that the leaders and the people of Israel did not care anymore. That is our warning. We must never give in to any sin. We must always repent. We must always ask forgiveness. We must always seek to do right.

 

PONDER:

  1. Do I still treat sin as sin?

 

PRAYER: Father, help me to remain sensitive to sin in all its forms. I don't ever want to become numb to sin. Help me to remain vigilant.

No comments:

Post a Comment