Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, July 27, 2023

QT 7/27/2023 Ezek 21:25-27, We need to get prepared for the coming Messiah

Ezekiel 21:25–27 (ESV) —

25 And you, O profane wicked one, prince of Israel, whose day has come, the time of your final punishment, 26 thus says the Lord God: Remove the turban and take off the crown. Things shall not remain as they are. Exalt that which is low, and bring low that which is exalted. 27 A ruin, ruin, ruin I will make it. This also shall not be, until he comes, the one to whom judgment belongs, and I will give it to him.

 

NOTE: The reference here is to the present king at that time, Zedekiah. The last true king of Israel. Verse 27 says that the crown will not return until it is given to the Messiah. Even during Jesus' day, King Herod was not considered a king in the line of David but rather a political leader appointed by Rome. The crown was reserved for the Messiah. Which is the difficulty that the disciples and others had when Jesus came, they were waiting for the future king, not realizing that the Messiah would come as a suffering servant first. If Israel has accepted him, I believe he would have also been the triumphant king. But Israel's rejection made an opportunity for the church age, the new covenant mystery, that would take the gospel to the whole world. This verse, regarding the crown, still remains to be fulfilled. It has been 1990-1993 years since the Messiah was crucified and the church age began. How many more years will it be until the Lion of the tribe of Judah returns to claim his throne?

 

PONDER:

  1. What am I doing to hasten that day or prepare for his coming?

 

PRAYER: Father help me to use my days in such a way that Jesus is glorified. I do not want to shrink back.

No comments:

Post a Comment