Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, September 18, 2026

QT 9/18/2026 Eph 5:1–2, Defending the faith by living a life of love

Ephesians 5:1–2 (ESV) —

1 Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. 2 And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

 

NOTE: Nowadays, the word 'love' is thrown around a lot. I read one website which actually used the slogan "I hate those who hate." I know the intent of the slogan is to gain attention, but the sheer idiocy of it, is hard to get past. Logically, you hate yourself. And in reality, you hate everyone who does not agree with what you agree or believe in. In other words, your life is characterized by hating about 40 percent of the people you come in contact with. I understand that Christians are characterized as hating others -- transgender, homosexual, abortionists, atheists, etc. The reality is that Christians are to hate the sin, not the person. People are made in the image of God and have intrinsic (if not infinite worth). While I am sure there are examples out there, the media has painted with a very broad brush. True believers in Jesus Christ walk in love. Yes, we hate sin and can call sin, sin. But we love people and because we love people, we want them to know the truth. The wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

 

PONDER:

  1. Do I hate sin or do I hate people? The bible is clear, we are to hate sin, and we are to love people.

 

PRAYER: Father, help me to live in such a way that my love for people, all people is clearly shown. Help me to share truth and to answer questions about my faith but to do it in a loving manner that gives respect and dignity to the other person.

No comments:

Post a Comment