Ephesians 5:3–7 (ESV) —
3 But sexual immorality and all impurity or covetousness must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints. 4 Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving. 5 For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. 6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. 7 Therefore do not become partners with them;
NOTE: "Let no one deceive you with empty words." That is just about everybody today. We hear: It's okay, it's not sin, it is completely natural, everyone does it, it's consenting adults, God has already forgiven all sin, and on and on. That sentence is full of the empty words that Satan, the ultimate deceiver has spread upon the world. It is this plan of his that is hastening the coming wrath that will come upon those who do not believe. We cannot fall for the trap. We cannot let ourselves be lulled into a sense of safety. Sinning against God, even as Sons of God, has consequences. We must never give up the fight for godliness and holiness. Our witness depends upon how we live our life.
PONDER:
- Would those around you know you are a Christian by your life alone?
- What about strangers or people you have just met?
PRAYER: Father, I am going to be meeting a bunch of strangers at a class reunion soon. They are strangers because I really did not know anyone but a few during my 4 years in High School. I don't even remember the names of most people. I will see them for a few hours. I pray for grace and mercy to present a godly witness to those I meet. Give me the words and wisdom to cause them to reexamine the gospel.
No comments:
Post a Comment