Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, September 21, 2017

QT 21 Sep 17, Gal 3:10, Paul pleads for his fellow believers to NOT live under the law (that includes the ten commandments)

Wk
Date
Passage
Key Verses(s) [Optional]
Basic Thing(s) Taught
Personal Insight(s) & Application(s)
Prayer Response
4
 9/21
Gal 3:10-14
Galatians 3:10 (ESV) —
10 For all who rely on works of the law are under a curse; for it is written, “Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in the Book of the Law, and do them.”
A person who desires to live by the law is under a curse. You can't do it. These verses were written to believers who had elevated the law to such a degree as to believe it was required to please God. You can't please God by obedience to the law. Faith alone secures our acceptance and love for all time.
Even though we say that we are not under the law, we only give it lip service. In reality, we do believe we are under the law and other Christians should be too. We judge them on the basis of what we think is required by the law. How foolish we are! And how disobedient we are to God who tells us not to live as if we were still under the law. We are to live by faith where the spirit of the law rules our actions and the confidence of God's never ending love gives us peace.
Father, forgive me when I fall into the trap of believing that my life must be governed by the law. I want to be a witness of good things to others, but I never want myself to be foolishly controlled by the law. Thank you for freeing us from the law.

No comments:

Post a Comment