Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

QT 1 Nov 17, Isa 53:8, He was "cut off" for me, who is undeserving

Wk
Date
Passage
Key Verses(s) [Optional]
Basic Thing(s) Taught
Personal Insight(s) & Application(s)
Prayer Response
7
 11/1
Isa 53:4-12
Isaiah 53:8 (ESV) —
8 By oppression and judgment he was taken away;
and as for his generation, who considered
that he was cut off out of the land of the living,
stricken for the transgression of my people?
This verse reminds me of another verse:
Daniel 9:26 (ESV) —
26 And after the sixty-two weeks, an anointed one shall be cut off and shall have nothing. And the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. Its end shall come with a flood, and to the end there shall be war. Desolations are decreed.
Two similar words: cut off. The first in Isaiah means to be excluded and the second in Daniel means to be ended. Both are also equivalently to be cut off, just difference senses.
Jesus life was given for my life and many others. He died in my place for my sin. He suffered my punishment and took away my guilt. He was guilty of no sin. He never wronged anyone. He never lied or stole or was jealous or tried to destroy a person's good name. He did call sin by its name, and in the case of the Pharisees, that was embarrassing. But everything he did was right. The one person who never had to die, chose to die for me.
Father, thank you for your love and the love shown in your son. I am undeserving. I continually fail to comprehend the magnitude of your love and what you did for me. Forgive me for my complacency toward you and with the gospel. Help me to be bold to share my story to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment