Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, November 20, 2017

QT 20 Nov 17, Mark 11:24-25, God promises to answer prayer, but what does it look like?

Wk
Date
Passage
Key Verses(s) [Optional]
Basic Thing(s) Taught
Personal Insight(s) & Application(s)
Prayer Response
9
 11/20
Mark 11:20-25
Mark 11:24–25 (ESV) — 24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. 25 And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.”
The passage teaches that we must believe that what we is praying will come true.
I need to start visualizing all the ways God may choose to answer a prayer. He will answer it, although probably not in the way I would expect. But by visualizing the potential answers. Then when it is answered, I can recognize the answer and thank God for his perfect provision.
Lord, help me to be more cognizant of your answered prayers. Help me to hear and see what you are doing in the world and the lives of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment