Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

QT 28 Nov 17, John 17:11, We are to be in the world, not just a part of the world

Wk
Date
Passage
Key Verses(s) [Optional]
Basic Thing(s) Taught
Personal Insight(s) & Application(s)
Prayer Response
10
 11/28
John 17:6-11
John 17:11 (ESV) —
11 And I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, keep them in your name, which you have given me, that they may be one, even as we are one.
We are in the world, Jesus knew he was leaving the world. He also knew, that we would be one with him, and that we would be together with him again.
Being in the world is important, if it was not, the best choice would to take us home upon believing. No, we have a mission here in the world. We are not of the world anymore. We are not to live for the world anymore. But we are to be in the world. We are to be salt and light to the world. Probably, we are the restrainer of sin as well. We have a reason and purpose to be in the world.
Lord, help me to fulfill my purpose in this world. Help me to see the avenues that you have opened for me to work. I think I am following the paths you have laid out, but I do know that the world pulls me to be a part of it, not just in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment