Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

QT 22 Nov 17, Matt 6:9-13. Understanding the model of Jesus example prayer

Wk
Date
Passage
Key Verses(s) [Optional]
Basic Thing(s) Taught
Personal Insight(s) & Application(s)
Prayer Response
10
 11/22
Matt 6:9-13
Matthew 6:9–13 (ESV) —
9 Pray then like this: “Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.
10 Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread,
12 and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
I like how the Bible Knowledge Commentary organizes this prayer.
  1. Worship
  2. Reverence
  3. Desire (for God's Kingdom)
  4. Prayer for His will to be accomplished on earth
  5. Petition for daily personal needs
  6. Requests for spiritual needs (like forgiving another)
  7. Recognition of my spiritual weakness
This is a good way of thinking about prayer. What are my real personal needs, and do I ever pray for my spiritual needs. Do I remember to acknowledge my weakness?
Father, you are awesome in understanding what is best for us. Our world is in pain because we have ignored your rule. I pray your rule would descend upon us. I pray we would repent of our sin. I pray today that I would stay fixed on accomplishing my work. I pray I would be a good witness to my co-workers. I pray for protection from the enemy's schemes.

No comments:

Post a Comment