Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, November 9, 2017

QT 9 Oct 17, Ps 19:9b-10a, Do we really seek God's word above financial gain?

Wk
Date
Passage
Key Verses(s) [Optional]
Basic Thing(s) Taught
Personal Insight(s) & Application(s)
Prayer Response
8
 11/9
Ps 19:7-11
Psalm 19:9b–10a (ESV) — 9b … the rules of the Lord are true, and righteous altogether.
10 More to be desired are they than gold, even much fine gold; …
God's rules are to be desired more than gold. There is something about God's rules that is far more valuable than any type of monetary gain. But we really don't believe it and we really don't see it.
I think we don't understand how are lives can be truly transformed by the word of God. We don't fully appreciate how important it is. We seek better jobs, better pays, better deals, … all financial actions. But God says, the word is much better. How is that shown in my life?
Father, my life does not live this verse. I need to recommit myself to getting into the word of God in as many ways as possible: reading, QT, memorization, bible study, and mediation. My two weaknesses are nightly reading and meditation during the day. I need to set a reading goal and stick to it this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment