Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, November 27, 2017

QT 27 Nov 17, John 17:3, Eternal life is a relationship with God, not a religion

Wk
Date
Passage
Key Verses(s) [Optional]
Basic Thing(s) Taught
Personal Insight(s) & Application(s)
Prayer Response
10
 11/27
John 17:1-5
John 17:3 (ESV) —
3 And this is eternal life, that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.
Eternal life is a relationship with God and his Son (through the Spirit) which resides in us. It is a relationship primarily, not a length of time, since time would have no meaning in eternity (infinity).
Do I truly appreciate the significance of my relationship to God? The answer is no. If I did I would be far more vocal and courageous in my defense of the gospel. I am like Timothy, timid when I do not need to be timid. God has given me so much and he expects me to use what he has given me.
Thank you Lord for all that you have taught me and done in my life. May I live in a manner that truly expresses my thankfulness for eternal life, for a relationship with God, the only true God.

No comments:

Post a Comment