Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

QT 15 Nov 17, Ps 119:110, The world wants to see individual Christians fail -- they are watching you.

Wk
Date
Passage
Key Verses(s) [Optional]
Basic Thing(s) Taught
Personal Insight(s) & Application(s)
Prayer Response
9
 11/15
Ps 119:105-112
Psalm 119:110 (ESV) — The wicked have laid a snare for me, but I do not stray from your precepts.
The wicked, enemies of God, and especially Satan's workers, are laying juicy traps for me all the time. Not every instant, but are strategically looking for those opportunities to capture me. An snare or traps always have juicy bait, otherwise they would not work.
People, even my non-Christian friends want to see me fail. Not that they are trying to be an enemy, but that want reasons to not believe. Of course, I will fail, but there are different types of failures. We understand that we will all fail in some degree, but it is the big stuff that really interests them, like my relationship with my wife, and how I handle frustration at work.
Father, help me to live in your power and grace. Help to live as a good example to those around me. Protect me from the evil one's snares. May people see Jesus Christ in my life and reshaping my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment