Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, January 14, 2019

QT 14 Jan 19, 2 Cor 10:2-4, It's good to know that you aren't the only one in a hard situation


2 Corinthians 10:2–4 (ESV) — 2 I beg of you that when I am present I may not have to show boldness with such confidence as I count on showing against some who suspect us of walking according to the flesh. 3 For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds.

NOTE: Isn't it strange that the most comforting letters are those where the other person is struggling? Paul is facing opposition and spurious charges by men of the flesh. But the real battle is the spiritual battle, not the fleshly game of politics some like to play. Why are Paul's circumstances encouraging? Because we are all going through the same thing even if we are not willing to admit it. And it feels good to know others are or have gone through it too. I think that is one of the overlooked aspects of fellowship -- it feels good to share struggles because others are struggling too.

PRAYER: Father, my job is to share the word with gentleness and respect. Please help me to do that. My goal should not be to please people, nor should it be to agitate people. Your Holy Spirit will do what needs to be done with your word. But I must share truth. And I need to be careful that I really am sharing truth and not my opinion. Cleanse my heart; teach me in the innermost places; give me eyes to see unvarnished truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment