Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, January 24, 2019

QT 22 Jan 19, 2 Cor 12:6, Let's not talk it, let's live the life


2 Corinthians 12:6 (ESV) — though if I should wish to boast, I would not be a fool, for I would be speaking the truth; but I refrain from it, so that no one may think more of me than he sees in me or hears from me.

NOTE: This is a very good point and a good recommendation for the person who struggles with pride. Rather than trying to impress people with our past positions and accomplishments; people's impression should be determined by what they see in us or hear from us. It reminds me of the (?)Emerson quote: "what you are speaks so loudly, I cannot hear what you say." I would rather people build my reputation on who they see I am, than what I try to convince them I am. Because what I might try to convince, would just be boasting and probably over-inflated and prideful and ugly. Wouldn't we all want to be seen positively by those who know us based on our actions and character? That's the life I want to live.

PRAYER: Father, forgive me for my pride. Forgive me for puffing myself up. I know it is ugly to you and probably ugly to others as well. Help me to relax in your unchanging love, you indescribable love, and your never-failing acceptance. I am completely loved. I need no other recognition. Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment