Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, January 28, 2019

QT 28 Jan 19, 2 Cor 12:21, Mourning for all the lost churches


2 Corinthians 12:21 (ESV) — I fear that when I come again my God may humble me before you, and I may have to mourn over many of those who sinned earlier and have not repented of the impurity, sexual immorality, and sensuality that they have practiced.

NOTE: I think we might realize how much our sin hurts God. In Genesis, God is grieved in his heart over the sin of mankind. But do we realize how much our sin hurts our spiritual leaders, our Pastors, teacher, bible study leaders, and mentors. We tend to think of sin, especially secret sin as victimless, or at least only affecting ourselves. But sin has a deep spiritual effect on the body and on every member of the body, and in ways that we may not perceive. As a leader, it hurts to see someone destroying themselves for inconsequential gain, or not recognizing what is really valuable in life. Sometimes you don't see it until the end when a believer dies, and you see the shallowness of a funeral that emphasizes the pleasures of the world and the weakness of the Christian life of the deceased. How sad. The church needs to wake up. We truly are becoming the Laodiceans, and we will be spit out of God's mouth on the day of rapture. We need to wake up!

PRAYER: Father, please wake us up from our ugly lives of religiosity which we falsely call Christianity. We steal the name but show none of the qualities. There is no love. There is no sacrifice for others. There is only selfishness and deceit. Free us from such ugly lives that witness so poorly what Jesus has done. Wake us up.

No comments:

Post a Comment