Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

QT 12 Mar 19, 1 Pet 3:13-14, Trust and do your best


1 Peter 3:13–14 (ESV) — 13 Now who is there to harm you if you are zealous for what is good? 14 But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you will be blessed. Have no fear of them, nor be troubled,

NOTE: In context, this is in reference to the gospel and our personal witness. God says I am blessed even if I suffer for doing the right thing. I am not to fear nor be troubled. Once again, God is saying "trust me." He is also saying (to me), let tomorrow take care of itself, but today, just do the right thing. This has been a consistent message to me. Of course, I need to do my best. Paul says as much when he talks about all the grace given him, and he worked harder than all of them, though not him but God's power through him. I need to work hard and rely on the Holy Spirit's power to guide me.

PRAYER: Father, today I desire to rest in you. Give me your words and your power. Give me power to trust and to wait. And most of all, may I be a gracious witness of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment