Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, March 18, 2019

QT 18 Mar 19, 1 Pet 4:15-16, Our sin is an affront to the Holy God


1 Peter 4:15–16 (ESV) — 15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer or a thief or an evildoer or as a meddler. 16 Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in that name.

NOTE: It is good to suffer as a Christian but not to suffer for wrong as a Christian. If we suffer for our mistakes, that is our lot. And worse yet, it dishonors the name of Christ. It is not all about us, but it is also about the one whose name we carry. It is a terrible degree of selfishness to not remember that our actions are a reflection on the Holy God. We can be so self-centered that our concern is how we look and not how God looks. Victory over sin focuses on our battle within our self, rather than recognizing that sin is an affront to the Holiness of God. Disobedience in some begetting sin is a sin against God more than it is a failure of ourselves to attain victory. We see things wrong. We see even the battle with sin as a battle within us. We forget that our sin is a rebellion against the Holiness of God.

PRAYER: Father, forgive me for viewing my battle with sin selfishly. Many evil men repented of their sin. But David's response was that he had sinned against you and you only. Help me to have the attitude toward my sin. Help me to change my focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment