Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

QT 6 Mar 19, 1 Pet 2:20, Injustice will happen, and we are to endure it


1 Peter 2:20 (ESV) — 20 For what credit is it if, when you sin and are beaten for it, you endure? But if when you do good and suffer for it you endure, this is a gracious thing in the sight of God.

NOTE: Life is not going to go the way we want it. We will be treated unfairly. It doesn't really matter what the reason is for the mistreatment. The larger question is "how do we respond to mistreatment?" God says to endure it. There is an area where I feel like I have been mistreated. It has happened now a couple dozen times. It is hard to continue to endure, and just because I have endured, does not mean it will end soon. My mistreatment is small compared to the suffering others are undergoing. But our witness is affected by how we respond to mistreatment. Jesus was mistreated. He did not yell or scream or complain or try to right the wrong. He was obedient unto death on a cross.

PRAYER: Father, it is difficult to endure an injustice or at least, a perceived injustice. I pray for strength to do the right thing, to endure injustice, and to pray for justice. My witness is far more important than this world's treatment of me. I need to remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment