Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, March 7, 2019

QT 7 Mar 19, 1 Pet 3:4-6, There is great joy in discovering our God-designed roles


1 Peter 3:4–6 (ESV) — 4 but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God’s sight is very precious. 5 For this is how the holy women who hoped in God used to adorn themselves, by submitting to their own husbands, 6 as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord. And you are her children, if you do good and do not fear anything that is frightening.

NOTE: This is certainly a hard teaching in today's culture for many women. And it does seem that the type of husband makes a big difference. If the husband is not the spiritual leader of the home, then it would seem to be very difficult. But at the same time, I think there is an incredible joy in it for the woman who follows the teaching. We were created with different roles that make us special and fulfill us. We (men and women) try to find fulfillment outside of God's rules, and we never find it. We are harassed, busy, anxious, and unhappy, flitting from one thing to another to find joy in life. Jesus tells us to come to him and we will find peace for our souls. I think when we truly recognize our role, calling, and place, we experience a joy far beyond anything the world can provide.

PRAYER: Father, as a husband, help me to live in such a way that my wife finds great joy in her role. May I love her as Christ loves the church. May I sacrifice for her and make her feel special, loved, and cared for.

No comments:

Post a Comment