Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

QT 20 Mar 19, 1 Pet 5:6, Trust God for your career


1 Peter 5:6 (ESV) — Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you,

NOTE: My responsibility is to humble myself. God's job is to choose the if, when, and where of lifting me up. That part is not mine nor our job. We are trust God in that. The very next verse says to cast all your anxieties upon him for he cares about you. God knows our desire, but even more importantly he knows what is best for us. Are we willing to believe he knows what is best? Are we willing to trust him? Then we need to step back and let him work. We need to be prudent. We need to work hard. We need to do our best. But we don't need to play the games of politics at work.

PRAYER: Father, help me to relax and to trust you. Sometimes I feel like I am there. And then sometimes my flesh tells me to do something that I don't need to do. Have mercy on me. Help me to rest completely in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment