Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

QT 30 Apr 19, Jude 20-21, We live in a godless age


Jude 20–21 (ESV) — 20 But you, beloved, building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, 21 keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life.

NOTE: Four things we need to be doing in this wicked age. One, we need to be building up our faith. We need to study the things we don't understand or the issues that others raised. There are logical, scientific answers to the objections to faith. Norman Geisler's stuff is a great. Ravi Zacharias (rzim.org) is another good resource to listen. Two, we need to pray in the Holy Spirit. Too many believers talk a good story, but don't really pray. We need to pray. That requires finding a consistent time and place every day to meet with God outside of interruptions. I find my time in the half hour drive to work in the morning -- no radio, music, or talking -- just God and I conversing. Three, we need to love those around us, even the unlovely or those who we perceive have mistreated us. Servers, attendants, employers, employees, neighbors, and those opposed to us -- we need to love them. Fourth, we need to wait for the mercy of our Lord. He will save those who do not deserve to be saved, like us. He will restore justice.

PRAYER: Father, my spirit aches in my heart like Lot's as I view the sickness around me. Give me the grace, mercy, and strength to love a world in chaos and wallowing in the pig pen. They are unlovable, but so was I. And you loved first. Give me some of that love for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment