Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, August 12, 2019

QT 12 Aug 19, 1 Time 2:11-12, Women as spiritual authorities in the church will destroy families


1 Timothy 2:11–12 (ESV) — 11 Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.

NOTE: I really believe this verse has some powerful implications for family. I also believe it is written for the good of the family, the good of men, and the good of women. God has given the role of spiritual leadership in the home to the man. But to be honest, most men are very poor in this regard. In fact, women would appear to me much better, more attune spiritually, and better spiritual leaders. But, God has given this role to men. Why? Why do children look up to a father more than a mother, even though the mother has been more attentive through the years? I don't know the answer. When a women is a church pastor or a Sunday School teacher of adults, the natural tendency of a sinful man is to say, "well, women can do this job better than me, so why do I need to do it -- plus, I really don't feel like doing it." The result is men shrink back from being spiritual leaders in the family. But, when men see only men in the positions of spiritual authority and teaching in the church, men are convicted in their heart, that this is their responsibility. So, women, in their misunderstood desire for equality (as opposed to their equal importance in their role), take on spiritual teaching jobs that essentially destroy families. And all because we refuse to do things God's way (the women in her role, and the man overcoming his laziness to lead spiritually).

PRAYER: Father, this seems so clear and yet so many people would argue with me about its' truth. I think we are blinded to this basic truth -- our roles are for our good. Forgive us, heal us, open our eyes to your understanding of how you made us for maximum enjoyment and fulfillment in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment