Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

QT 28 Aug 19, 1 Tim 5:16, We are required to care for our Parents


1 Timothy 5:16 (ESV) — If any believing woman has relatives who are widows, let her care for them. Let the church not be burdened, so that it may care for those who are truly widows.

NOTE: This seems so obvious, that we have are responsibility to take care of our aged parents. And yet, working for a bank, I have witnessed examples of the aged being robbed blind by family members. It is so sad and shows the depravity of our society. Sons and daughters that rob a parent's life savings out of greed, are despicable. I don't understand children who are not willing to care for their parents. I can understand children who are not able to care for their parents because of special needs, physical problems, and even financial difficulties, but this is an area that we need to be sensitive to because it affects our witness among unbelievers. A parent who squanders his or her wealth should have no expectation of an easy life, but at least they ought to be able to have food and shelter. And as children, we must do what we can to help.

PRAYER: Father, help me to see where I am failing in this regard. Help me to be sensitive to the needs of my family. Help me to see where and when I need to intervene. I thank you for their health and their ability to make ends meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment