Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, August 9, 2019

QT 9 Aug 19, I Tim 2:8, We need to start with prayer


1 Timothy 2:8 (ESV) — I desire then that in every place the men should pray, lifting holy hands without anger or quarreling;

NOTE: The three verses (8-10) are very specific to each gender. I will focus on the men because that is where God speaks to me this morning. Although, our culture have confused men and women by suggesting that genders are not important or that they are defined by the individual. How deceptive and cruel! For men, Paul says we need to start with prayer, and not to get angry or quarrel. Yesterday, I dealt with two issues, one that made me angry initially, and the other where I had to have a very serious (almost quarreling) discussion with another. Did I pray? No, in my self-sufficiency, I started to attack the problem like most men do. I need to remind myself to pray first, then act.

PRAYER: Father, forgive me for not remembering to bring you into my daily life and struggles. Help me to remember to start everything with prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment