Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, April 6, 2020

QT 6 Apr 2020, 1 Tim 3:7, There is one person in the body and in the workplace, not two


1 Timothy 3:7 (ESV) — Moreover, he must be well thought of by outsiders, so that he may not fall into disgrace, into a snare of the devil.

NOTE: This would seem to be a strange request, especially if the person has met all the above requirements. Outsiders should think highly of him. His business operations should reflect his spiritual convictions. He can't be a great spiritual leader and then be cheating people in his business. Or even teaching others not to cheat people, while at the same time, cheating others in his work. There needs to be a congruence between his spiritual side and his outside occupation. Otherwise, our faith is a show and not a life-changing experience.

PRAYER: Father, I want to live out my work just as I live out my church life. I am a spiritual man first, and not just first, but all of the time. That is my desire. Reveal to me where I have fooled myself. Show me where I am blind. Help me to repent and change.

No comments:

Post a Comment