Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, February 4, 2022

QT 2/4/2022 Matt 19:13-15, What is truly valuable to us?

Matthew 19:13–15 (ESV) —

13 Then children were brought to him that he might lay his hands on them and pray. The disciples rebuked the people, 14 but Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.” 15 And he laid his hands on them and went away.

 

NOTE: We have such a misplaced understanding of what is important in life. We value things and money, position and prestige, our wants and desires. We disvalue the poor, the lowly, and what does not fit in our agenda. We don't recognize the intrinsic value of people. When Jesus returns and fixes this warped society we live in today, he will establish value based not on race or any other ethnic measure but on the value of a human life. He died for each and every one of us, so our value is infinite in the eyes of God. And for those who believe, they are heirs and co-heirs with Christ -- sons and daughters of the King. Until sin and death are eradicated, we will always have a problem with prejudice, whether it is toward those who have more than we, or look differently than we, or think differently than we. Our sinful nature is programmed to hate, which is why the further a person gets from God, the more hateful they become.

 

PONDER:

  1. What is really valuable to me?
  2. When I am interrupted, what are the things, reasons, or people that upset me and why?

 

PRAYER: Father, what is important to me? What bothers me when I am interrupted and why? Help me to make your values and your agenda mine. Help me to see people, all people, as important because they are made in your image and because Jesus died that they might have eternal life. You care for all as I should care for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment