Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, May 19, 2022

QT 5/19/2022 Matt 27:24-26, The amazing blood

Matthew 27:24–26 (ESV) — 24 So when Pilate saw that he was gaining nothing, but rather that a riot was beginning, he took water and washed his hands before the crowd, saying, “I am innocent of this man’s blood; see to it yourselves.” 25 And all the people answered, “His blood be on us and on our children!” 26 Then he released for them Barabbas, and having scourged Jesus, delivered him to be crucified.

 

NOTE: Pilate washes his hands of the blood and the people verbally accept the blood, but the blood is really upon everyone, and for good measure. The blood is what washes away the guilt of our sin upon believing. Pilate's hand-washing does not relieve him of the responsibility or authority he exercised. He is a sort-of "federal" head representing all of mankind. And yet God was the true authority and Jesus was the one who accepted his role as the Passover lamb. And it is Jesus' blood that washes our guilty conscience clean.

 

PONDER:

  1. Do I realize what a wonderful thing it was for me that I am cleansed of every guilty thought by the blood of the lamb?
  2. Have I understand the wonderful cleansing? Do I know that no soap exists that can make me feel so clean than the blood shed on the cross for me?

 

PRAYER: Father, thank you that I am truly clean. Thank you for the blood that washes away the guilt of my sin. Thank you for the future and the hope I have in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment