Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, October 12, 2023

QT 10/12/2023 Mark 1:14-15, Jesus' kingdom exists now in my heart

Mark 1:14–15 (ESV) —

14 Now after John was arrested, Jesus came into Galilee, proclaiming the gospel of God, 15 and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.”

 

NOTE: The kingdom of God started with Jesus' ministry, and it starts in the hearts of those who would (and will) believe. The rule of Jesus will not be fully manifest until Jesus returns the second time. We are living in the kingdom of God spiritually. Our true Lord, King, and Ruler is Jesus. He does not rule over all the earth yet. I do have earthly rulers I must obey but Jesus trumps all other rulers. As the apostles said before the Sanhedrin, "judge for yourself whether it is better to obey God or you (paraphrase)." Someday soon (IMHO), Jesus will rule over all the earth. Each day seems to echo that truth more loudly.

 

PONDER:

  1. So how does Jesus' current rule affect me daily?
  2. What am I doing differently because he is my sovereign and king?

 

PRAYER: Father, help me to see the areas where I am not thinking about your ruler-ship. Help me to live my life centered around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment