Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, October 5, 2023

QT 10/5/2023 Ezek 48, Spending time just with God

Ezekiel 48:8–14 (ESV) —

8 “Adjoining the territory of Judah, from the east side to the west, shall be the portion which you shall set apart, 25,000 cubits in breadth, and in length equal to one of the tribal portions, from the east side to the west, with the sanctuary in the midst of it. 9 The portion that you shall set apart for the Lord shall be 25,000 cubits in length, and 20,000 in breadth. 10 These shall be the allotments of the holy portion: the priests shall have an allotment measuring 25,000 cubits on the northern side, 10,000 cubits in breadth on the western side, 10,000 in breadth on the eastern side, and 25,000 in length on the southern side, with the sanctuary of the Lord in the midst of it. 11 This shall be for the consecrated priests, the sons of Zadok, who kept my charge, who did not go astray when the people of Israel went astray, as the Levites did. 12 And it shall belong to them as a special portion from the holy portion of the land, a most holy place, adjoining the territory of the Levites. 13 And alongside the territory of the priests, the Levites shall have an allotment 25,000 cubits in length and 10,000 in breadth. The whole length shall be 25,000 cubits and the breadth 20,000. 14 They shall not sell or exchange any of it. They shall not alienate this choice portion of the land, for it is holy to the Lord.

 

NOTE: In OT times, the Levites lived among the people with no special allotment of land. In the Millenium, there will be an allotment for priests and Levites near the new temple. In some sense, the need for Levites and priests among the people is lessened by the fact that we are all a holy nation of priests with the Holy Spirit residing in us. We don't need a mediator since we have access to God at any time. It will be an interesting time. I imagine that the temple area will be beautiful. Everyone will come at least once a year to visit and to get time alone with God to focus.

 

PONDER:

  1. What am I doing in my retirement to set up regular time along with God now?

 

PRAYER: Father, thanks for the day. I pray I would use it wisely. Give me the words that I need I as I talk to people today. And help me to schedule some time to spend alone with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment