Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Friday, February 16, 2024

QT 2/16/2024 Psalm 4:1-8, The west is blinded by delusion

Psalm 4:1–8 (ESV) —

1 Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness!

You have given me relief when I was in distress.

Be gracious to me and hear my prayer!

2 O men, how long shall my honor be turned into shame?

How long will you love vain words and seek after lies? Selah

 

3 But know that the Lord has set apart the godly for himself;

the Lord hears when I call to him.

4 Be angry, and do not sin;

ponder in your own hearts on your beds, and be silent. Selah

 

5 Offer right sacrifices,

and put your trust in the Lord.

6 There are many who say, “Who will show us some good?

Lift up the light of your face upon us, O Lord!”

7 You have put more joy in my heart

than they have when their grain and wine abound.

8 In peace I will both lie down and sleep;

for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.

 

NOTE: It seems nothing changes. People today still seek after lies. They don't want to hear the truth. The prefer vain words about how great our society is, when the rot and stench is overwhelming. As we move farther from God, we have only moved into more stress, more pain, more dysfunction, more anger, and more stink. We look for people to show us some good, politicians who will save us, or even our image of god who will make our sinful life happy. We go to alcohol and the abundance of food to make life a little better, all the time ignoring the only real answer to our hurts and pains. We need to repent of our sins and our rebellion from God. We need to return to the God of the bible and put our faith in his Son who died in our place to rescue us from the cesspool where we live. The days grow short, will we wake up before it is too late?

 

PONDER:

  1. Where is my hope? Do I believe the society, science, and man will bring about a glorious future?
  2. Am I willing to bury my pride and seek the only person who has ever truly loved me, God?

 

PRAYER: Father, open our eyes while there is still time to repent and find salvation. Revive our spirits. Change us into people worthy of your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment