Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, February 29, 2024

QT 2/29/2024 Ps 32:1-5, Cleaned through and through

Psalm 32:1–5 (ESV) —

1 Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven,

whose sin is covered.

2 Blessed is the man against whom the Lord counts no iniquity,

and in whose spirit there is no deceit.

3 For when I kept silent, my bones wasted away

through my groaning all day long.

4 For day and night your hand was heavy upon me;

my strength was dried up as by the heat of summer. Selah

5 I acknowledged my sin to you,

and I did not cover my iniquity;

I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,”

and you forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah

 

NOTE: Ultimately, the greatest sense of peace is found in salvation. But there is also the day-to-day living where it is important to confess sins. Saving faith is 100 percent effective, but the guilt of the daily failures, emotional responses, and just plain sin still needs cleansing. We feel weighed down like David, "my bones waste away … your hand was heavy upon me." Repentance equals forgiveness and heals a soul. It is different from salvation, and yet similar, and very much needed.

 

PONDER:

  1. Is my relationship with God affected by unconfessed sin?

 

PRAYER: Father, as David once prayed, search me O God and know my heart, try me and test my thoughts, and see if there be any wicked way within me. I am a sinful man, saved by a loving God.

No comments:

Post a Comment