Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, February 27, 2024

QT 2/27/2024 Ps 24:1-6, Unworthy to the core

Psalm 24:1–6 (ESV) —

1 The earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof,

the world and those who dwell therein,

2 for he has founded it upon the seas

and established it upon the rivers.

3 Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord?

And who shall stand in his holy place?

4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart,

who does not lift up his soul to what is false

and does not swear deceitfully.

5 He will receive blessing from the Lord

and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

6 Such is the generation of those who seek him,

who seek the face of the God of Jacob. Selah

 

NOTE: "Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord?" The answer is no one who does not have faith. Because none of us meet the standards listed here. No one has clean hands and a pure heart. No one has ever not lied or misled another. We are all sinners unworthy of a relationship with God and only worthy of Hell. But, by faith God made many righteous in OT times, and today has made many righteous by faith in Jesus. He is our righteousness. He is pure. We have traded our unrighteousness for his righteousness. We have put on new clothes of shimmering white depicting our new righteousness in Jesus. We should stand in awe on that holy hill because we shouldn't be there. Seek God. Seek his face and by faith you can stand on that holy hill with thousands who have gone before us.

 

PONDER:

  1. Do I think I have any righteousness in myself to earn the favor of God? Then I am a fool.

 

PRAYER: Father, I am unworthy of all that you have done. Even today, transformed and different, I am still unworthy except for Jesus. Be merciful to me and help me to share this incredible message with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment