Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, March 26, 2018

QT 26 Mar 18, Isa 48:8-10, He does not give up on his children no matter how frustrating we can be


Wk
Date
Passage
Key Verses(s) [Optional]
Basic Thing(s) Taught
Personal Insight(s) & Application(s)
Prayer Response
20
 3/26
Isa 48:6-11
Isaiah 48:8–10 (ESV) — 8 You have never heard, you have never known, // from of old your ear has not been opened. // For I knew that you would surely deal treacherously, // and that from before birth you were called a rebel.
9 “For my name’s sake I defer my anger; // for the sake of my praise I restrain it for you, // that I may not cut you off.
10 Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver; // I have tried you in the furnace of affliction.
God is frustrated with the people, and yet he plans to show them things that they do not even know yet. But they continue to deal treacherously with the revelation that has been given. They are rebels. But in his kindness he continues to work. They are being refined but are not refined. They are being tried by affliction but he is not finished. He restrains his anger despite our stubborn and hard heart.
And yet in all of this, he takes personal interest in us despite all our failures and rebellion. He loves us and does not give up on us. He will do what it takes to open our eyes to his truth and to transform us. He has not given up.
Lord, you remain faithful despite my failures. Have mercy on me. Thank you so much for your longsuffering toward me. Thank you. The words are inadequate to describe my emotion. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment