Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

QT 28 Mar 18, Rom 11:35, No one can ever repay God (in any way too)


Wk
Date
Passage
Key Verses(s) [Optional]
Basic Thing(s) Taught
Personal Insight(s) & Application(s)
Prayer Response
20
 3/28
Rom 11:33-36
Romans 11:35 (ESV) — “Or who has given a gift to him // that he might be repaid?”
It is not possible to pay God back.
The very thought seems absurd. Who has ever given a gift to God that in any way repays him? We owe God our existence, let alone anything else that we might need to repay. For those who have believed in Christ, we owe him eternal life and forgiveness of sins that cost him his only son. There is no payment that could ever be appropriate. As the song says, "even if the whole world were mine, that would be a present far too small, love so amazing, so divine, demands my soul, my hear, my all."
Father, thank you again for all that you have done for me. Thank you for life. Thank you for opening my eyes to the gospel. Thank you for my salvation. Thank you for the free gift of salvation. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment