Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, March 8, 2018

QT 8 Mar 18, Jer 32:36-37, God's mercy to his disobedient people


Wk
Date
Passage
Key Verses(s) [Optional]
Basic Thing(s) Taught
Personal Insight(s) & Application(s)
Prayer Response
18
 3/8
Jer 32:36-41
Jeremiah 32:36–37 (ESV) — 36 “Now therefore thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, concerning this city of which you say, ‘It is given into the hand of the king of Babylon by sword, by famine, and by pestilence’: 37 Behold, I will gather them from all the countries to which I drove them in my anger and my wrath and in great indignation. I will bring them back to this place, and I will make them dwell in safety.
I'm not sure how this fits historically. It could be the return with Nehemiah and later Ezra, and also a prelude to Jesus' coming 400 years later. In the latter days, God will regather his people in unbelief. And at the end of the age, he will regather them from all the earth and heavens to live in Jerusalem in belief. Since it does not sound the latter two, it seems to be a reference to the first regathering and the coming of the Messiah.
God desires to do good for us. He does not want us to go through pain. But he knows what is best, and he allows circumstances to teach us. Oh, that we could just be obedient. Oh, that we could learn without pain. Oh, that I did not have to rely on God's mercy. I say that in all sincerity. I love God's mercy, but I call upon it so much. I am so unworthy. I don't believe I can ever be worthy, but I do wish my life could do something good that would please my savior.
Father, have mercy upon me, a sinner. I fail you again and again. But I do sincerely want to obey and do what is right. Help me to think the best of others. Help me to be kind to those around me. Help to be humble and gentle in all my doings.

No comments:

Post a Comment