Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Monday, June 11, 2018

QT 11 Jun 18, John 13:16, Jesus sets us an example of humility and servanthood for us to live out daily


Week
Passage
Date
Verse
Thought
Prayer
7
John 13:12-17
6/11
John 13:16 (ESV) — Truly, truly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him.
In context, Jesus had just washed the feet of his disciples. He had taken the role of the servant and did what none of the others would stoop to do. He was the leader. He was the long awaited Messiah. He was their Lord. He was the King of Kings. He was the Son of God. He washed their dirty feet. They would never be greater than him, but if he could stoop low to serve, they also could stoop low to serve. And it wasn't about feet-washing. Jesus clearly says that he set them an example.
Father, forgive me for my own pride. I am nobody special, except in my own eyes at times. Forgive for stupid thoughts and the arrogance I have. Forgive me for desiring the pride of life and giving in to that temptation. I want to act in humility and gentleness to all those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment