Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, June 21, 2018

QT 21 Jun 18, Micah 7:2, The godly is perishing from the earth


Week
Passage
Date
Verse
Thought
Prayer
8
Mic 7:1-7
6/21
Micah 7:2 (ESV) — The godly has perished from the earth, // and there is no one upright among mankind; // they all lie in wait for blood, // and each hunts the other with a net.
If this was a specific day in Israel (it might be a prophecy of Jesus' time), then it is being repeated today. The godly is perishing on the earth. The idea that God's word has authority, or even relevance today, is repeatedly attacked. This world, and especially my country, does not want to hear God's word or to be told what is right and wrong. We are rebellious to a degree I could have never imagined. It is so sad.
Father, it is hard to pray for mercy because we are so stubborn and hard of heart. My nation rushes headlong into evil and away from you. It rails against your word. It is stridently opposed to your rulership. It is sickening. Father, forgive us. Lead us to repentance. And yes, have mercy, for we certainly do not deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment