Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

QT 12 Jun 18, John 14:15, The Christian life is about seeking God's things, not our own things


Week
Passage
Date
Verse
Thought
Prayer
7
John 14:12-15
6/12
John 14:15 (ESV) — “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
The preceding verses discuss asking for anything in Jesus' name. This verse follows. How seldom, it seems that we tie the verses together. Prayer is not getting what you want. Prayer is seeing God's will come to earth. If we really love God, we will desire to obey his commandments with all of our heart. We won't be interested in the trifling things of the world, but we will be interest in God alone.
Father, clear my heart of sinful thoughts. I want to focus on you and love you with all my being. I want to be obedient. I want to honor you with my life. Have mercy on me and help me with the power of your Holy Spirit inside of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment