Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

QT 20 Jun 18, 2 Cor 5:12, Let's value the internal more than the external


Week
Passage
Date
Verse
Thought
Prayer
8
2 Cor 5:11-17
6/20
2 Corinthians 5:12 (ESV) — We are not commending ourselves to you again but giving you cause to boast about us, so that you may be able to answer those who boast about outward appearance and not about what is in the heart.
That is the problem in our culture. We look on the outward appearance and don't look at the heart more often. We are too impressed with externals, looks, status, money, power, and connections. But the things that ought to really impress us are character, integrity, kindness, love, and service. We need to change the way we evaluate and esteem others. We need more internal and less external.
Father, help me to be the man of internal qualities. I pray people would see a difference in my character. I pray they would be impressed with my kindness. I pray that I would be gracious in all my dealings with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment