Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

QT 15 Aug 18, Rev 22:3-5, Our broken world will finally be fixed


Revelation 22:3–5 (ESV) — 3 No longer will there be anything accursed, but the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants will worship him. 4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. 5 And night will be no more. They will need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light, and they will reign forever and ever.

NOTE: This is the temple of God, the new Jerusalem. It is where God's throne sits. It is where the shekinah glory dwells (no need of lamp or sun). And it is where Jesus sits -- on the throne. And we will dwell with God in the new city, whether it be on earth, in the earth or above the earth. Our home is with the King. As the song goes, I can only imagine what my eyes will see. I do know it will be far greater than what I can imagine. And the peace that truly passes all understanding will fill my heart. Relationships will be right. We will no longer be a broken people living in a broken world, where things do not work as God intended.

PRAYER: Father, this world is marred by our sin and our original rebellion. Nothing is as you intended. But someday, you will restore creation to its original glory. And we will get to experience the pleasure of knowing you fully. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment