Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

QT 1 Aug 18, Rev 21:1-3, Someday, a restored creation


Revelation 21:1–3 (ESV) — 1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. 2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God.

NOTE: In the bible, the word heaven is used in three ways. The first heaven is the atmosphere. The second heaven is the sun, moon, and stars. The third heaven is the dwelling place of God, although he exists everywhere. When it says that there will be a new heaven and a new earth and that there will be no seas, and that God will dwell with man, this takes us back to a pre-Noahic day or even an Eden-like experience where mists water the earth. Probably the earth had a thicker canopy. Except for lakes and rivers, most of the water may have been under the surface of the earth, providing a buffer between the core and the surface and eliminating earthquakes, Tsunamis, and violent weather. The thick atmosphere would require more human strength but would also protect us from some of the harmful x-rays that traverse the galaxy. Additionally, we will have access to the tree of life again (explained later in the passage).

PRAYER: Father, I thank you for the restoration of creation. I don't understand how it will happen, nor do I understand exactly what will happen, but I know it will be beautiful. I've seen the beautiful rapture of the planet in glimpses here on present earth. I can only imagine how overwhelming the restored creation will look. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment