Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, August 9, 2018

QT 9 Aug 18, Rev 21:9-11, There are wonders we can't even comprehend still to come


Revelation 21:9–11 (ESV) — 9 Then came one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues and spoke to me, saying, “Come, I will show you the Bride, the wife of the Lamb.” 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great, high mountain, and showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God, 11 having the glory of God, its radiance like a most rare jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal.

NOTE: I can't help but wonder if the new city of Jerusalem is not a satellite orbiting the earth. The mere size of it, 2000 mile cube, suggests such. I think the earth surface would wobble if it sat on the earth. It says that the nations of the earth stream through its gates, but that could easily be some type of travel system. The radiance and clear crystal suggest something that would be amazingly glorious in space. Also, the angel calls it the bride and the wife of the lamb. That merely could suggest its occurrence after the marriage feast. Or, it could refer to the Church, OT saints, and tribulation saints. God used the motif of a wife multiple times in the OT to refer to Israel, at one point, even two wives when Israel split into two nations. What does all this mean? There are wonders beyond our understanding still to come during the eternal age.

PRAYER: Father, help me to see glimpses of your wonder now. I know they exist and are in abundance, but I've allowed life to make me cynical and I have the lost the wonder of childhood. May I still realize and see your wonder today.

No comments:

Post a Comment