Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

QT 7 Aug 18, Rev 21:7, Only those who conquer this world by faith can be a part of God's family


Revelation 21:7 (ESV) — The one who conquers will have this heritage, and I will be his God and he will be my son.

NOTE: This is another verse that describes believers as sons of God. Not everyone is part of God's family. We may all be his creation, but we are not all his children. We lost that right in the garden. Jesus says that our father is the devil. The only way to become a child of God is to be adopted into the family of God by faith in Jesus Christ, who died in our place to free us from Satan's grasp. The only way to conquer this world is through faith. We have this gift presented to us.

PRAYER: Father, thank you so much for your gracious gift and the sacrifice of your son. Thank you that now we are adopted into the family of God. We are no longer slaves to sin. We have an inheritance as your children. Thank you. I am undeserving of such goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment