Notice on a slight format change:

Except for July 2012, these are mostly a collection of current devotional notes.

July 2012 is a re-write of old quiet times. My second child was born Nov 11, 1987 with multiple birth defects. I've been re-reading my QT notes from that time in my life, and have included them here. They cover the time before the birth and the few years immediately after the birth. They are tagged "historical." I added new insights and labeled them: ((TODAY, dd mmm yy)).

Thursday, August 30, 2018

QT 30 Aug 18, Ps 107:23-24, What is God doing in your life through your job?


Psalm 107:23–24 (ESV) —
23 Some went down to the sea in ships,
doing business on the great waters;
24 they saw the deeds of the Lord,
his wondrous works in the deep.

NOTE: Many of us do "business on the great waters" if taken metaphorically, which I can do since it is poetry. In every business, if we look, we can see the hand of God at work. The storms may seem different, the calm different, the sound, and the little things all different. But, it we stop, listen, and look, we can see God at work. But do we bother to stop? Do we appreciate his hand and the seeming coincidences of life. I have certainly seen that in my situation at work. But what does it all mean and how can I use what I now see, to grow and to be a witness for Jesus?

PRAYER: Father, help me not only to see your wonders but to understand what they mean. Help me to know how to respond. Help me live in such a manner that Jesus Christ is honored, witnessed, and glorified in my business, my place of work. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment